Flooring is something that has to be planned carefully. The type of flooring planned should be resistant to slip and enhance a better grip. Flooring in wet areas is a part of the chief concern for many. Hospitals, schools, libraries, workplaces and anywhere for that matter, has to be safe to use. There might be some floors that require a treatment for their slippery condition. So, taking an anti slip treatment is the best way to avoid any accidents, hindrance or trouble due to its usage. So why should we use this treatment exactly?
Here are the reasons:
1. Reduce the risk of injuries caused by slip and fall disasters both at work place and at home
2. Increases the safety of the work environment
3. Guarantee period will be taken seriously and the maintenance will be instructed and given in the form of manual for which you need not pay any extra amount of money
4. There will be minimal or nil disruption to your workplace or your house while taking up the treatment
5. It is suitable for ceramic, unglazed, concrete, terrazzo, linoleum, marble, thermoplastic, slate, and many other forms of flooring
6. The coefficient of friction is safer irrespective of dry or wet weather conditions
7. They are non-toxic, anti culture medium and also non-acid base
8. Quick to apply and bring under use after application
9. It is suitable for both interior and exterior flooring purposes
Anti-slip coating can be given to the already existing slippery flooring or to the ones that need a new one. It is required to keep a close watch whether the anti slip coating is alive to avoid untoward incidents. The slip test standards have to be followed for safety. There are affordable slip-testing measures like BOT-3000, Pendulum, SlipAlert, Tortus etc that are reliable too. For those who are planning to go along with the flooring plans, anti-slip tiles and stones are also available. They are guaranteed to remain slip resistant for a long time down the line. They come in a variety of textures and colors too. DIY Abrasive Anti-Slip Floor
Coatings are also available in stores to help you make your floors slip resistant. Self-adhesives and Anti-slip Tapes are also available, which are easy to use. All you got to do is just peel their adhesive backing and stick them onto the floor! With all these available, you can make your floor, slip and risk free!